Wednesday 29 October 2014

Upgrade your old Macbook pro

I recently
upgraded my mid-2009 MacBook Pro with an SSD drive.
Since then, my computer went from completely useless
to like new.
I was still a little disappointed, however, when it came
to running a few demanding tasks at once, like when I
was editing in Photoshop, playing music on Spotify and
left a bunch of browser tabs open.
The best way to deal with this is by adding more RAM,
and, like installing an SSD, it's really simple.
Before you begin, find out if your MacBook Pro (or even
iMac -- the process is similar) can handle a RAM
upgrade. If you have a MacBook Air or Retina MacBook
Pro, for instance, the RAM is not upgradable. Refer to Apple help page to find out about the model you
own.
In my case, I have a mid-2009 MacBook Pro, which
allows for RAM upgrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment